CENTRAL AMERICA IN CRISIS
THE VICTIMS OF HURRICANES IOTA & ETA NEED YOUR HELP
Central American Hurricane Relief
Hurricanes Iota and Eta pounded Nicaragua, and Honduras, and brought torrential rains and flooding to those countries, as well as parts of Guatemala. The human costs are heartbreaking– horrible flooding, high winds, and landslides. Families who narrowly escaped with their lives, now face urgent needs for housing, clothes, food, clean water, and other basic needs. Hurricanes are hitting Central America while it is still reeling from the COVID-19 global pandemic, and Black and Indigenous communities who already suffer from historical patterns of exclusion and discrimination, are experiencing disproportionate devastation. We can help!
Presente.org has teamed up with Alianza Americas, and the Hispanic Federation to support this urgent relief campaign. We invite other organizations to join us in this urgent mission and in our ongoing efforts to support Latin American and immigrant communities impacted by COVID-19 and intersecting crises like the climate emergency. We deeply appreciate the Hispanic Federation’s generous kick-off match for the Central American relief fund.
Our urgent goal is to raise $250,000 to rush resources to Central America now. Please make a donation and your contribution will be matched. Text RELIEF to 225568 to CONTRIBUTE.
Every day, we are sending urgently needed funds to groups doing work directly on the ground. Today, donations were sent to:
- Organización de Desarrollo Étnico Comunitario, ODECO, a Garífuna organization in La Ceiba, Honduras
- Equipo de Reflexión, Investigación y Comunicación (ERIC) and Radio Progreso in Honduras
- Fundación San Lucas on the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua
- Colectivo Artesana in Guatemala
- Universidad de las Regiones Autónomas de la Costa Caribe Nicaragüense
- Asociación Coordinadora Comunitaria de Servicios para la Salud